Re: official pkg repo with WITHOUT_X11=true

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 22:44:09 +0100
On 28 May 2014, at 17:10, Dirk Engling <erdgeist_at_erdgeist.org> wrote:

> I wonder if there is or there are any plans to provide an official repo suitable for a typical non-desktop-installation, i.e. with

There aren't currently any plans, but we're now bringing online the infrastructure for supporting multiple package repositories (for the new-X.org stuff).  We're limited by the time it takes to build the ports tree (around 24 hours on a fast machine, although a lot of that is a few outliers), but I think this could be quite fast if it also excludes anything that has xlib as a dependency, so it would make a lot of sense.

David