Re: HOWTO articles for migrating from Linux to FreeBSD, especially for pkg?

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 16:03:12 -0700
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Russell L. Carter <rcarter_at_pinyon.org>
> wrote:
>
> One complaint I have about the FreeBSD project, is that the core
> project contributors and developers rely too much on
> e-mail for communication.  This certainly works, and I use it too, but
> new and casual users getting into FreeBSD
> may get lost in the maze of FreeBSD mailing lists.  It would be nice
> if more of the core project contributors
> used the web forums ( http://forums.freebsd.org ), since stuff like
> that shows up nicely in web searches, and it is easier
> for newcomers to find stuff, and jump in and contribute to threads,
> versus mailing lists.

I just noticed this:
https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/new-forums-software-online.48495/
The FreeBSD Forums Administration team just upgraded the forum software
from phpBB to Xenforo.
They migrated 260,000 messages......wow, this is a huge achievement!

Xenforo is nice stuff, so hopefully more FreeBSD core developers can take
advantage of the
forums, in addition to the traditional mailing lists.

--
Craig