Re: HOWTO articles for migrating from Linux to FreeBSD, especially for pkg?

From: Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist_at_alogt.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:11:50 +0800
Hi,

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:01:30 -0700
Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM, Russell L. Carter
> <rcarter_at_pinyon.org> wrote:
> >
> One complaint I have about the FreeBSD project, is that the core
> project contributors and developers rely too much on
> e-mail for communication.  This certainly works, and I use it too, but
> new and casual users getting into FreeBSD
> may get lost in the maze of FreeBSD mailing lists.  It would be nice
> if more of the core project contributors

mailing lists have two advantages I would not like to miss.

A) people can create their own archive and use it when they are offline
B) Google & Co. offer good search tools to search the online archives

> used the web forums ( http://forums.freebsd.org ), since stuff like

I also noticed while travelling that some locations block the forum.
Ok, it is rare.

> that shows up nicely in web searches, and it is easier

This is also true for the e-mails.

Erich