Re: upgrading current -> graphics bug

From: Roberto Rodriguez Jr. <witchdoctor.mdf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 15:38:58 -0500
On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 09:02:27PM +0100, David S wrote:
> hello,
>
> i've been using -current for awhile. lately when i try to upgrade, i see
> this screenshot after i type "shutdown now": https://i.imgur.com/58aOGnG.jpg
> from then on the system is unresponsive. to complete the upgrade i
> hard-reboot and jump into single user mode to finish the upgrade process.
>
> i'm following the instructions from
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/makeworld.html
>
> it's been like this for awhile (a couple of months). it might be caused
> by the new vt terminal driver? i'm not sure. let me know if you need
> more information on how to reproduce this.
>
> greetings,
> david

Hello, david

1-Is it a laptop, server or desktop? intel or amd?

2-Are you building xorg as a port or installed a pre-compiled pkg?

3-Are you loading drm modules in /boot/loader.conf or do you let
xorg auto load the kernel modules for your card?

4-What graphics card is it? ATI or NVIDIA?

5-Are you configuring xorg with xorg.conf(deprecated) or starting
xorg with 'startx'(xinit) or are you using a display manager(xdm)?

6-Have you read 24.6.1 #13 in the Handbook?

Roberto Rodriguez Jr.
Mach1ne Defense Foundati0n