Re: upgrading current -> graphics bug

From: David S <cinch_at_bitmail.cc>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 17:20:08 +0100
Hi Roberto,

i just discovered, that when i stop xorg and unload the nvidia driver
(kldunload nvidia) the problem goes away.

> 1-Is it a laptop, server or desktop? intel or amd?

It's a desktop with an Intel chipset (Core i5-2500K cpu)

> 2-Are you building xorg as a port or installed a pre-compiled pkg?

pre-compiled xorg pkg

> 3-Are you loading drm modules in /boot/loader.conf or do you let
> xorg auto load the kernel modules for your card?

/boot/loader.conf loads the propietary NVidia driver: nvidia_load=YES
and my xorg.conf also loads a nvidia driver: Driver "nvidia"

> 4-What graphics card is it? ATI or NVIDIA?

it's a GeForce GTX 760 PCIe card

> 5-Are you configuring xorg with xorg.conf(deprecated) or starting
> xorg with 'startx'(xinit) or are you using a display manager(xdm)?

i started with a barebones xorg.conf and had to put in the monitor
h-sync and v-sync values. i've attached the file.

> 6-Have you read 24.6.1 #13 in the Handbook?

yes i've been doing that.

cheers,
david