Re: NO_INSTALLEXTRAKERNELS and PkgBase

From: Ben Woods <woodsb02_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 09:46:03 +0200
On 7 May 2016 at 09:41, Glen Barber <gjb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> I think this raises a larger question - did "something" change that
> otherwise violates POLA?  The commit recently was intended to revert
> a POLA violation, so maybe I am not entirely clear on what branch this
> affects.
>
> Are we talking about head or stable/10 here?
>
> Glen

I am talking about head, which no longer installs/packages multiple kernels
by default.
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/Makefile.inc1?revision=299088&view=markup

Whilst the r299088 commit is referring to a stable POLA violation, the
commit itself is a change to head with a proposed MFC after 3 days. Its
interesting, because this has surprised me when testing PkgBase on head, as
the behaviour has changed from the initial announcement.

Regards,
Ben