Re: buildworld fails while building static clang library

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:06:54 -0400
On 7 August 2017 at 00:32, Aijaz Baig <aijazbaig1_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> That was some pretty relevant information Ed. Thanks.

Even though it's not a direct cause of the problem you encountered I
wanted to make sure a there was comprehensive reply to Dimitry's
question.

> Nonetheless, as I have indicated in my previous email, I hit an error quite
> late in the process now (stage 4.3) when it is apparently linking  h_raw.o
> into h_raw.full ( is this linking by the way? what is the .full file
> there??)

Yes, this is a link step - the .full file is a binary or library with
debug data included, which is then split into a .debug file containing
only the debug data and the binary or library with no extension.

There's no indication of what the error is in your log excerpt; are
there any messages in dmesg from the time of the build?