Re: drm / drm2 removal in 12

From: blubee blubeeme <gurenchan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 15:09:29 +0800
On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 10:04 AM Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 07:07:24AM +0800, blubee blubeeme wrote:
> > Are these guys insane and please avoid the nonsense about you're doing
> this
> > in your spare time.
>
> Let us know how whatever OS you wind up using instead works for you.
> I suggest you look for one that will put up with your constant harangues.
>
> There are very few people on the mailing lists as nasty and rude as
> yourself.  It is tiresome, demotivating, and childish.  Please go
> elsewhere.
>
> mcl

Your opinion has been noted but this issue isn't about me.

It's about the Graphics devs coding themselves into a corner and looking
for an easy button so they can continue to feel good about their toy.

There's a reason the changes they tried to force down the FreeBSD source
tree was reverted; It does not meet any standards of quality.

I have no inside knowledge other than my ability to think clearly and it's
obvious that The FreeBSD team wanted to hint at them that their code
doesn't pass the sniff test.

Instead of being whiny brats improve your code and have it work without
breaking compatibility with what has been working for quite a long time.

Here's the play by play;
You guys push this mess contaminating the FreeBSD source tree, some long
standing user tries to update their machines and it blows up;
1) Most will just leave
2) Some will complain
   2a) You guys will say; Read UPDATING..... bleh bleh blen
They'll get aggravated, thereby aggravating people who came to this
platform for Stability.

Users who actually use FreeBSD to get things done do not time to trawl
these mailing lists, they have real world problems to solve with real world
constraints.

There are OS with kqueue and all those things it's called Linux; You can go
there and play w/ that stuff to your hearts content.

If you want your code to get merged, make sure it follows the guidelines
and not break the systems for people who are already using the platform.

Now, I understand hearing harsh criticism about your work might hurt your
feelings and all but here's the antidote;
work harder,
improve your code,
try again when your code quality improves.

You guys cannot expect people to accept these kludges in their systems that
they run everyday.

It's an open source project, you can't get mad because your code isn't
accepted, it's your jobs and engineers to do better not expect users to
jump through hoops to accommodate your subpar attempts at coding.

This isn't about me, it's about the quality of code that you guys are
trying to submit.

Best,
Owen