Re: timed restoral until deleter makes a port

From: Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 09:13:27 +0100
Hi, Reference:

Warner Losh wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 4:13 PM Julian H. Stacey <jhs_at_berklix.com> wrote:
>
> > Current box here is now about 10 seconds ahead, since timed was deleted,
> > still waiting for the code vandal who removed timed from src/
> > without proper discussion in advance, to move timed from src/ to ports/
> >
> > timed absence will bite more people when 13 is released.  timed
> > should be restored to src/ until the code vandal is forced to write
> > a ports/ entry.  Temporary removal of the src/ commit bit could encourage
> > this & admonish irresponsible conduct.
> >
> > The tech issues have been discussed before, no need to repeat,
> > this is just a question of enforcing responsible procedure.
> >

> The ball is in my court to approve a pull request so we can finish the
> port. We have plenty of time before 13 and current, is after all, current.
> So there's no need to do anything rash here.

OK, I had intended to do an SVN export of timed to rescue my 2 current boxes,
but if you have something ready to test ? I should instead test that.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, Consultant Systems Engineer, BSD Linux Unix, Munich Aachen Kent
 1st referendum Stole 700,000 votes from British in EU, 3.7 million globally,