Re: FreeBSD Core Team Response to Controversial Social Media Posts

From: <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 12:28:31 +0200
Am 2019-05-20 11:33, schrieb Igor Mozolevsky:
> So you think a discussion on whether it is appropriate that CoC Ctte
> restricts freedom of expression is bikeshedding?
>
> Thank you for your valuable contribution!

IMO, the CoC was not meant to solve, decide or even regulate discussion
about decades-old, very controversial geo-political problems.

As such, I don't think it even applies here and the complaint should be
dismissed on these grounds.

Of course, the FreeBSD project is free to boot developers from its ranks
more or less at will (not sure if you can sue your way back in) - but
for that a new CoC wouldn't have been needed to begin with ;-)