Re: Please check the current beta git conversions

From: Shawn Webb <shawn.webb_at_hardenedbsd.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 13:39:58 -0400
On Tue, Sep 01, 2020 at 01:14:10PM -0400, Ed Maste wrote:
> We've been updating the svn-git converter and pushing out a new
> converted repo every two weeks, and are now approaching the time where
> we'd like to commit to the tree generated by the exporter, and
> guarantee that hashes will remain consistent from this point. At this
> point the Git Working Group believes the conversion represents a
> high-fidelity translation of the Subversion history, but would
> appreciate additional review in case we've missed anything.
>
> I'd ask folks with an interest in the FreeBSD repository to clone the
> beta conversion and review the converted history in the specific areas
> they are interested in - e.g., specific contrib/ software, device
> drivers, etc. This will also present our final opportunity to change
> the author map file, if necessary.
>
> The beta src tree can be cloned via:
> % git clone https://cgit-beta.freebsd.org/src.git freebsd-cgit-beta
>
> Please follow up this week if you notice any discrepancies or author
> entries that require updates.

I'm curious if there's any plans for read-only access over ssh.
Trusting FreeBSD's ssh key material is likely easier than trusting
HTTPS in certain regions.

Thanks,

--
Shawn Webb
Cofounder / Security Engineer

GPG Key ID:          0xFF2E67A277F8E1FA
GPG Key Fingerprint: D206 BB45 15E0 9C49 0CF9  3633 C85B 0AF8 AB23 0FB2
https://git-01.md.hardenedbsd.org/HardenedBSD/pubkeys/src/branch/master/Shawn_Webb/03A4CBEBB82EA5A67D9F3853FF2E67A277F8E1FA.pub.asc