Re: Please check the current beta git conversions

From: Ed Maste <emaste_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 13:43:19 -0400
On Tue, 1 Sep 2020 at 13:23, Goran Mekić <meka_at_tilda.center> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While I can clone src nicely, it is very slow in Serbia/Europe.

Thanks for the report - I wouldn't be surprised if the host is a bit
bogged down from folks trying this just after my message went out.
Once your clone finishes please do let us know how long it took
overall.

We will have mirrors set up, which will be some combination of our own
hosts, GitHub, GitLab, or other third party hosts.

The current GitHub mirror is generated from an old version of svn2git,
which misses a lot of metadata - in particular, merges (for vendor
branch updates and such) are just missing. There are also some
mistakes that originated in our Subversion mirror network that are now
stuck in the current GitHub Mirror (commits authored by "svnmir"
instead of the correct committer, for example). We expect we will
continue to have a mirror on GitHub since many folks consider it "the"
repository of open source projects. There will be a documented process
for folks to migrate from the old to the new version of the mirror