Re: Plans for git (was: Please check the current beta git conversions)

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 11:45:19 -0700
On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 11:11:50AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 10:47 AM Steve Kargl <
> sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> This is an insultingly stupid comment to make. We don't need people to say
> the obvious.
>
> This sort of comment isn't helpful. People will just ignore you if you make
> too many of them like it.

I don't find it insulting at all.  I have 15+ years experience
using svn with both GCC and FreeBSD repositories.  GCC changed
from svn and git with little regard to its impact on developers
(except for those pushing the move to git).  gfortran has lost
one of its most active bug fixer/contributors because he knows
0 about git.  By extension FreeBSD lost one of the few users
that actually tried to ensure GCC works on FreeBSD (hopefully,
people don't use g++'s complex math without testing!).

--
Steve