Re: Bad performance

From: Fred Souza <fred_at_storming.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:04:02 -0300
> i guess portmapper is not runing. whats the name of the rc.d script on fbsd
> ?
> i looked for portmap (as under linux) but haven't found in /etc/rc.d ...

  If you're running 4.x, it's portmap. If it's 5.x, it's rpcbind. To
  have it loaded at boot-time, just put rpcbind_enable="YES" into your
  /etc/rc.conf.

> other question: is there a good/realistic benchmark wich i could use so we
> could
> check/compare whether the system is really that slow or not ?

  I haven't used any benchmarking tools, but there's a whole category on
  this under the ports-tree (ports/benchmarks/). Maybe someone else with
  experience with it can point out something specific for you.

  Fred

--
"If all men were brothers, would you let one marry your sister?"