Problem w/ ACPI in -CURRENT: Update

From: Jeremy Bingham <jeremy_at_satanosphere.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:54:52 -0700
In my continuing quest to figure out what's wrong with ACPI in -CURRENT
on my laptop, I've tried going back to the old ata drivers (worked, but
made no difference), ended up blowing my computer up (weird fsck problem
crept in), went back to 5.1, moved up to -CURRENT again, and started
plugging away at this problem again.

I'm still not sure what's causing it, but I think I've found where it's
hanging now: acpi_cmbat_get_bif() in acpi_cmbat.c. I'm putting more
debugging statements into that file to see if I can narrow down exactly
where it's hanging, but it looks like the problem is somewhere in there.

Any ideas what I should be looking for?

-j

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Captain_Tenille
http://www.satanosphere.com/
jeremy_at_satanosphere.com