Re: wscons from NetBSD

From: Allan Fields <bsd_at_afields.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 19:43:02 -0400
On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 12:52:08PM -0400, Anish Mistry wrote:

> I'm in the process of trying to update a bunch of the USB HID code to be back
> in sync with NetBSD since there are numerous problems with our current code
> that have been fixed for a couple of years now in the NetBSD code.  The major
> problem that I'm running into is their dependency on wscons for a few of the
> drivers.  Has there been any work on porting wscons to FreeBSD?  It would
> make this import much easier and make future imports much simpler too.

But is that reason enough?  Personally I have nothing against wscons.

If it was ported I would suggest it by default at least provide a scrollback
like OpenBSD, and obviously, syscons do.  (Unless that is a feature to it.)

Is another one needed?  In FreeBSD there is currently two:
	syscons
	pcvt

--
 Allan Fields