Re: HPT374 Driver in -CURRENT

From: Jon Noack <noackjr_at_compgeek.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:57:46 -0600
On 2/6/2004 6:38 AM, freebsd_at_amarand.org wrote:
> When I boot 5.2(.1) from the ISOs, I am able to see -only- the ad4 and ad6
> separate drive components of the RAID1 array, and not the actual RAID1
> array itself (as ar*).  I'm using the standard sysconfig install, and
> going into the Custom Expert mode, I am only given the option to select
> ad4 and ad6 during the partitionable device selection, so I'm assuming (?)
> that there's something else I need to do in the background or prior to

The only other preparation I made before installation was to check again
to make sure I enabled RAID mode and created an array in the bios of my
HPT controller.  Also, you're only using RAID 1 and not RAID 5, correct?
  Beyond that I don't really have any ideas.  Perhaps if you could post
the kernel boot messages ("boot -v" would be better) someone else might
have some insights.

Just a random thought (and most likely completely wrong):
Have you tried loading the installer in Safe Mode?  I only suggest this
because I have a machine that has a very rocky relationship with apic...

Jon Noack