TEST/REVIEW ng_ether/ng_pppoe/ppp

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:43:00 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

I have added some functionality to ng_ether / ng_pppoe that is needed
for running multiple pppoe sessions over one single NIC even if
the AC uses s.th. like 'pppoe duplicate-protection' [1].

I have seperated the patches for easier review and tried to do it in
a manner so that parts can be used for other things too (at least the
ng_ether one). I also updated the man pages to reflect these changes.

Here are the patches:

http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/10005-net-netgraph-ether.diff

!               different Ethernet address than the one of the interface.

http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/10006-netgraph-pppoe.diff

!               + in addition to AC NAME also report AC MAC to userspace
!               + add the ability to give a MAC as source MAC for the
!                 session when connecting

Please review and commit if you like it.

I have tested both for some weeks now with following patch to ppp(8).
It needs a lot more review but may be good enough for testing.
Comments/diffs/improved versions on this one welcome.

http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/10008-usr-sbin-ppp-pppoe-smac.diff

!               for pppoe session).
!
! Remarks:      hopefully seperated patch correctly from 10007;
!               I am almost sure this patch will break something else.

[it will most likely not apply cleanly without patch 10007 - see other
mail to current_at_ ]

[1] http://juniper.net/techpubs/software/erx/erx50x/swconfig-link/html/pppoe-config5.html#123643

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/