Re: atheros frecuencies limited

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:08:00 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <416313F0.2000508_at_ispro.net.tr>
            Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen_at_ispro.net.tr> writes:
: For one thing, why shouldnt FreeBSD able to do that?

Because the HAL layer is a binary glob.

: The other thing is that I thought atheros doesnt have firmware and the
: driver handles the regulatory domain settings. Thats why atheros is not
: giving out the source code for their drivers (I think there was such
: problem)

The driver handles the regulatory domain, but it always uses what is
in the falsh on the part.

: Anyhow. I am not a pro in this so I better shut up :) But it is possible
: to enable all the channels etc. available in atheros chip from the
: driver. At least StarOS is able to do it so...

I'm hoping that ath driver author would reply.

Warner