Re: network slowness/freez-up since update 10/11

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 00:31:32 +0400
On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 11:27:15AM -0700, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> > similar others, nothing brings special attention to be aware of. I'll
> > expect special 'WARNING: de owners' message to current in such situations,
> > i.e. if something is not fixed to work together.
>
> I think your expectations of support are unrealistic here.
> FreeBSD is a largely unfunded volunteer open source project.
> de(4) has no official maintainer(s).  Patches are welcome.
>
> On the other hand, if you want a commercial level of support, consider
> paying for it.

All this suggestions really surprise me. Patches? Pay? Another one was to
buy different card, from somebody other...

I know myself well how to _handle_ it now, please don't try to suggest. My
problem was that REASON of hang was UNCLEAR for me for two months.

People, I not expecting that you'll fix this if_de and not even demand it
in any form! If you actually read what I write I expect only 'WARNING'
mail to current_at_ list in case some dangerous commits made. What is
unrealistic in this expecation?

--
Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/