Re: Recent VFS locking vs kqueue

From: Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:11:23 +0800
Hi, Jiawei,

在 2005-06-16四的 17:46 +0800,Jiawei Ye写道:
> Perhaps you could try compling Apache2 with KQUEUE and THREADS
> support, then try exercise the httpd server with 'webbench -c 1000'. I
> got several panics (alas, not dump available) during the last week
> with such setup. After turning off KQUEUE and THREADS support in
> Apache2, things calmed down.

I can reproduce this on my laptop with -c 2000.  This is different from
the panic I have described in my previous post - it's caused by a NULL
pointer deference.  I will try to figure out what was happening.

BTW.  Do you have PREEMPTION, ULE, etc. in your kernel configuration?
It would save me some time to re-compile kernels to narrow down the
cause.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>  http://www.delphij.net/