Console output stops - machine keeps on working

From: Gelsema, P \(Patrick\) - FreeBSD <"Gelsema,>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:30:05 +0200 (CEST)
Hi List,

I've got an Asus M2N motherboard which I just upgraded to the latest
available BIOS found on the Asus website. All went smooth.

I am running FreeBSD 7-Current-200706. Everything seems to be detected
during boot and all goes ok until the moment the message that the fxp0
link state changed to up. After that moment the console output stops. I
cannot get to other tty;s or get output running again.

However the machine is responsive and I can log on by SSH remotely and do
everything as if I were at the console. When I login by typing blind at
the console and issue the reboot command or when I press the power off
button on the workstation the console shows output again (not any use as
it is then rebooting or powering off).

See http://www.superhero.nl/messages.txt for the message output during boot.

Anyone seen this kind of behaviour?

Rgds,