Re: ULE/SCHED_SMP diff for 7.0

From: Claus Guttesen <kometen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:18:17 +0200
> This patch is scheduled for inclusion in 7.0.  I would like anyone who
> cares to run it to validate that it does not create any stability or
> performance regression over the existing ULE.  This patch replaces ULE
> with SCHED_SMP, which will now no longer exist as a seperate fork of ULE.

Not very scientific nor precise but using 4bsd as scheduler 'make -j 3
buildkernel' completed in 11 min. 58 secs. and ule did the same in 13
min. 26 secs. So ule seems slower. This is on a dual zeon _at_ 3.2 Ghz
(the first 64-bit from Intel, not very fast but hot) and 3 GB ram and
15 RPM scsi-disk with /usr on zfs.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare