powerd and nvidia drivers not playing nicely together (Was: Re: Systems running hot?)

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 11:44:13 -0800
Kevin Oberman wrote:
> powerd has undergone major revision lately

Ok, here is a new one. Last night while I was fiddling I was running X
the whole time. I power off, go to bed, then this morning I boot up as
usual, no X! I use the nvidia drivers, so I figured maybe I was out of
synch so I svn up, build a new kernel, reboot, rebuild nvidia, still
no X! So I think to myself, what else did I change last night.... oh
yeah, powerd! So I turn that off, and voila, X!

Doug