Re: 8.0-BETA1 bsdlabel broken?

From: Aragon Gouveia <aragon_at_phat.za.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 00:13:19 +0200
Hi,

Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Please, try the attached patch -- it should heal bsdlabel and it will
> show/use the proper offsets everywhere.  Works fine for me -- offsets
> for 7.x and 8.x are the same.

I've seen the reported problem on my BETA1 systems too.  I've also
noticed this in my bootup dmesg:

GEOM: ad4s2: geometry does not match label (255h,63s != 16h,63s).

These systems were partitioned and installed using BETA1's sysinstall.

Out of curiosity I repartitioned and reinstalled fresh from a
7.2-RELEASE CD.  No GEOM warning, and bsdlabel didn't complain.  I
extracted the 8.0-BETA1 kernel from CD and booted that in single user
mode.  The GEOM warning above didn't occur, but (7.2's) bsdlabel
complained in the same way.

Is it possible sysinstall is a culprit in all this?

Thanks,
Aragon