Re: geom_label: gpt/labelname for gmirror provider?

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:08:01 +0200
Ivan Voras schrieb am 14.07.2009 19:15 (localtime):
> Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> first of all thank you very much for the gpt label support in
>> geom_label! This is really nice and makes disk partitioning well-arranged.
>
> Yes, it is lots of fun.
>
>> I tried to use the gbt/label as provider gor glabel, but that didn't
>> work. It looked as if gmirror wrote the label succesfully, but `gmirror
>> list` was empty. Just replacing gpt/label with ad4p2 worked as expected.
>> Is it impossible by design to use gpt/label as provider?
>
> I don't quite understand what you are asking. You create a mirror (with
> "gmirror label...") and then a GPT on top of it, and then you can't see
> the GPT labels? If so, then it unfortunately reminds me of this thread:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.questions/248884
>
> If it's something else, please explain with more details.

Sorry for my bad explanation!
I'm using
`gpart modify -l part1disk1 -i 2 ad4`
and
`gpart modify -l part1disk2 -i 2 ad6`
so I have
/dev/gpt/part1disk1
and
/dev/gpt/part1disk2

Now I want to use these as providers for geom_mirror:
`gmirror label -b load MIRROR1 gpt/part1disk2 gpt/part1disk2`

gmirror prints that metadata was successfully written (to provider
gpt/part1diskX) but in fact geom_mirror doesn't jump in and detect the
mirror.

Thanks,

-Harry