Re: ports on 10.0-CURRENT: r226027 is incorrect fix

From: Stanislav Sedov <stas_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:04:19 -0700
On Sat, 8 Oct 2011 18:35:13 +0100
Chris Rees <utisoft_at_gmail.com> mentioned:

> Last I heard, portmgr explicitly disapproved of this fix-- have I missed
> something??? Erwin specifically said not to do it.
>
> Since when can anyone just commit stuff to bsd.port.mk, regardless of its
> location?
>
> This is a bad solution, please revert it or I will when I get back. We're
> going to end up being asked to support it on ports_at_ otherwise.

You certianly missed something, including the rationale behind the portmgr_at_
descision of not committing to the ports tree (!) bsd.port.mk.  Go find
some useful work to do like deleting old ports or whatever.  You might want
to consider deleting all mine ports, as I'm not going to support them anymore
(after you backed out this fix without approval I don't have a working ports
tree anymore on any of my 3 workstations).

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE